All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation.
2.1 A C Lambert & Son Ltd is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to A C Lambert & Son Ltd collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees of A C Lambert & Son Ltd who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
We are (head office) A C Lambert & Son Ltd, of 69, Conwy Road, Llandudno Junction, Conwy, LL31 9LT and branch at 31 Rhos Road, Rhos On Sea, Conwy, LL28 4RS
Registered in Wales company number 07892538
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner The personal data we would like to process on you is:
Personal data type / Source
Name and surname / Funeral & Memorial Arrangements
Address / Funeral & Memorial Arrangements
Phone number / Funeral & Memorial Arrangements
Email address / Funeral & Memorial Arrangements
Relationship to deceased / Funeral & Memorial Arrangements
Date of Birth / Funeral & Memorial Arrangements
Details of existing memorials / Funeral & Memorial Arrangements
Video footage of visitors to office / CCTV Cameras
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To reply to enquiries about our services.
- For the professional fulfilment of the funeral service or memorial order as
instructed by you including working with third parties on your behalf.
- For the account and full payment of the funeral service.
- For your pre-paid funeral plan if applicable and instructed by you.
- To request feedback on our services and performance.
- We keep details of funerals on file so we have a record for future reference;
e.g. if the family gets in touch in the future and asks for a similar funeral.
- We use Closed Circuit TV for security purposes in our car park and entrances
All Employees of A C Lambert & Son Ltd who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- Taking steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Performance of the contract to provide funeral services as instructed by you.
- Our legitimate interests in confirming our clients will be able to pay for our
- Our legitimate interests in ensuring client satisfaction and improving our
- Our legitimate interests in being able to provide a similar funeral to a previous
one on request by the family without having to ask too many questions at a
difficult time for the family.
- Our legitimate interests in maintaining security at our premises, especially for
the human remains in our care.
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- All aspects of performing a funeral service
The special categories of personal data concerned are:
- Religious Beliefs
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for A C Lambert & Son Ltd to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us to update your preferences.
A C Lambert & Son Ltd will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties may receive your personal data for the following purpose(s):
- A credit reference agency to carry out credit checks (only if credit is asked for).
- Doctor(s) if medical certification is required/applicable
- An embalmer for the deceased if required/applicable
- Local crematorium for the purpose of organising cremation of the deceased
- Local cemetery for the purpose of organising burial of the deceased
- A nominated minister or celebrant for the purpose of arranging details of the
- A local musician for the purpose of liaising with you for your musical choices for
the funeral service
- A florist(s) for the purpose of arranging the flowers for the funeral service
- A venue(s) for the purpose of holding the reception as part of the funeral
- A caterer for the purpose of arranging the details of the funeral reception
- A vehicle hire company or transportation agency including the provision of horses for the purpose of transport of the deceased and cortege at the funeral
- A printer or designer if creating the funeral service sheets externally to us
- A newspaper for an obituary or an online memorial site if providing an online tribute page for the deceased
- Golden Charter if an application or enquiry for a pre-paid funeral plan is made
3.4 Retention period
A C Lambert & Son will process personal data for up to three months after you contact us or the date of the funeral/for as long as is necessary to allow us to fulfil your funeral services or memorial order and will securely store the personal data indefinitely, so we have a record of the funeral for the purposes stated above.
CCTV footage of visitors is retained for 2 weeks before being recorded over, unless an incident is being investigated.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we
hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that
is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold
about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to
restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you
transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as
Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the
right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that A C Lambert & Son refuses your request
under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.3 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by A C Lambert & Son (or third parties as described in 3.3 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and A C Lambert & Son
The details for each of these contacts are:
Supervisory authority contact details
A C Lambert & Son contact details
Information Commissioner’s Office
Philip Lambert at office address above
69, Conwy Road
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 / 01492 581072
Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we A C Lambert & Son Ltd , will collect and use your personal data for provision of services, cookies, complaints etc.
Why does A C Lambert & Son Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with our services as funeral directors or memorial masons we need to collect personal data for fulfilment of the contract and any related correspondence. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes A C Lambert & Son Ltd would contact you for separate consent.
Will Organisation Name share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to A C Lambert & Son Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on behalf of A C Lambert & Son Ltd When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with A C Lambert & Son Ltd’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will A C Lambert & Son Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
A C Lambert & Son Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. A C Lambert & Son Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will A C Lambert & Son Ltd contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
A C Lambert & Son Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If A C Lambert & Son Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of A C Lambert & Son Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or
a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and
any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Help & Advice
Give us a call 01492 581 072 and one of our experienced staff will help you as best they can.