Pre-Planning a funeral is becoming a common practice
More and more people recognise that planning a funeral in advance lessens the burden for those you love. It provides a personal peace of mind that everything is in order.
Why Pre Plan?
The subject of funerals is never an easy subject to discuss. Dealing with the death of a loved one means making major emotional and financial decisions in a limited timeframe.
Family and friends are left to deal with numerous and necessary details that can leave loved ones feeling extremely overwhelmed.
Exploring the many Pre-Planning options available and taking the time to Pre-Plan your funeral may be one of the kindest things you can do for those you love most.
Here are just a few important questions to ask yourself:
- Who would be responsible to arrange my funeral?
- my spouse
- my son or daughter
- a good friend or neighbour
- my parents
- office of the public guardian & trustee
- not sure
- If I were to die tomorrow, where would the money come from?
- my life insurance
- my savings
- my children’s savings
- my parent’s savings
- a bank loan taken out by my spouse or children
- not sure
- How much would my funeral expenses be?
- under £1,500
- between £1,501 and £3,500
- between £3,501 and £5,000
- between £5,001 and £7,500
- over £7,500
- not sure
- Where would I like my final resting-place to be and what type of funeral service would I prefer?
- burial or cremation
- which type of coffin
- who would preside over the service
- would their be special music or poetry
- I never really thought of it
We can provide any pre-planning service from a simple plan where only the funeral arrangements are made to a full service where all arrangements are made and the funeral is pre-paid.
- Golden Charter Funeral Plans Brochure (.pdf)
- Golden Charter Application Form (.pdf)
- Golden Charter Terms & Conditions (.pdf)
- Golden Charter Payment Information (.pdf)
This material is not intended to replace the advice of a qualified solicitor, tax adviser, investment professional, or insurance agent. Before making any financial commitment regarding the issues discussed here, consult with the appropriate professional consultant.
Help & Advice
Give us a call 01492 581 072 and one of our experienced staff will help you as best they can.